Setting Up A Weight Watchers Account
Based in the United States is Weight Watchers International, an international company that provides different products and services in order to help weight loss and weight maintenance. Created in 1963 by homemaker Jean Nidetch of Brooklyn, New York, Weight Watchers now works in around 30 countries all over the world, typically under the “Weight Watchers” name but translated locally. The main philosophy behind the programs of Weight Watchers is to utilize an approach driven by science to assist participants in losing weight by putting in place helpful habits, exercising more, giving support, and smart eating. The phrase “weight watcher,” in the general sense, has publicly been known for many years before the company was set up.
Therefore, you can get a Weight Watchers login, all you would need is a mobile device or desktop or laptop that has an Internet connection. You would also need a web browser program, like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
One of the positives of having a Weight Watchers log in is that it can be loaded in any and all web browser programs. In addition, you can use the tools to lose and maintain your weight at any time that is convenient for you.
Described below are the step by step procedures and images to help you in setting up your own Weight Watchers online login.
• Open a web browser program and go to the Weight Watchers home page at www.weightwatchers.com. Click on the “Join” button on the upper right corner of the webpage.
• It is not an automatic assurance that the page will look like it does on picture number one. Nevertheless, you should just try and find the “Join” button on the page and click it. It should be on the upper right side of the webpage as in the image. You can also go directly to https://welcome.weightwatchers.com/sign-up so you do not need to go to the main webpage of Weight Watchers anymore.
• You should take into consideration that there would be times where you may find someone else’s Weight Watchers account instead of the previous webpage as shown above. In these instances, you would need to first sign out. Afterwards, just refresh the page. If it so happens that the form is still not appearing on the screen, you should just delete the cookies, cache, and/or passwords from the web browser program you are using. If worse comes to worst, you can just close your current web browser program and open up the Weight Watchers webpage on a different web browser program.
• As soon as it has finished loading, a Weight Watchers online log in page appears, as shown in picture number two. Put in your ZIP code in the text box and click on the “Continue” button to find the plans and pricing in your area.
• You will then be redirected to a Weight Watchers Member Log in area, wherein you are asked to select your level of support, as depicted in picture number three.
• Once you have selected your level of support, you will be asked by the website for some information, as in picture number four. Note that the plan indicated below is just the Standard Monthly Plan. This could change depending on what you have selected in the previous webpage. Fill out all of the fields, because they are all required, particularly your First name, Last name, Height, Weight, Birth date, Gender, and Medical diagnosis of bulimia nervosa. Afterwards, click “Continue.”
• Once you are done with this, congratulations! You now have your own Weight Watchers login!
A couple of things to note about the Weight Watchers program. Besides its membership plans, they provide other products like packaged foods, exercise DVDs and equipment, tools for storage and food preparation, cookbooks, and the like. These are all available for purchase. Since 2012, Weight Watchers has worked with Philips to make the ActiveLink activity tracker.
In terms of the effectiveness of Weight Watchers, there are research claims that people who go to Weight Watchers meetings lose three times more weight than those who choose to diet by themselves. In particular, the research results show that the average weight loss of the participants in Weight Watchers was 2.3 times more than or 3.3 times as much as the group who dieted by themselves at one year. However, it was undefined essentially at two years. Weight Watchers also state that their participants who attend their meetings and use their Web-based eTools lose half as much weight as those who just attend their meetings. However, they have not cited a study to support this claim, only indicating to an unspecified study over a period of twelve weeks, which compared people who were told to go to Weight Watchers meetings and utilize eTools and also those people who were taught to attend Weight Watchers meetings only.
In addition, in a 2005 published clinical study that also involved Atkins, Ornish, The Zone, and Weight Watchers diets, it showed that among Weight Watchers members, the mean net weight loss during the period of one year was around 6.6 pounds or 3.0 kilograms. Yet, the study only had two months of maximum effort, wherein the members decided their level of strict adherence for the next ten months. The study also indicated that Weight Watchers was the third most effective diet when you need to lose weight. More importantly, those that continued to follow to any of the specified diets substantially lowered their cardiac risk factors.